Give RMP Traffic Officers Clamps

I believe RMP with the Traffic Officer qualification should be given access to clamps. This would allow us to perform our traffic duties more effectively, as very often, when we are securing an event, our incident management gets surrounded by civilian vehicles, and there is no MPS available to clamp them since they are all focused on the event itself.

I, former Lieutenant Colonel of the Royal Military Police, stand baffled that this was not accepted as part of our initial request due to the pivotal role the clamps would hold in the execution of our duties. The comment of “RMP aren’t police” holds no argument in this matter as we still have to handle illegal parking within MoD grounds, and police is literally in the name. The developers simply cannot continue entertaining this content gap between RG divisions and MPS divisions, namely MO19.

This guy is lowkey cooking with this suggestion. Totally right, clamps are needed.

clamps is a much needed addition to RMP, as we now have constant CP parking in the OC, with chat restrictions we have no way of telling them to move. We also get constant OCG raids in the garden with 10+ cars, or vans, being able to clap them would be amazing.

At the end of the day RMP are police officers and are entitled to having a clamp (and repair kit) :slight_smile:

I don’t see why RMP shouldn’t have clamps. They should only really apply to RG vehicles (like a support guard van illegally parked, for example) and civilian vehicles illegally parked on MOD grounds (like WB) or BP grounds. MET Police cars should remain only clamped by the MET’s Chief Officers. Civ cars outside of MOD or BP grounds should remain within the powers of the MET Police.

Yes, RMP are police but they are only military police. As such, they only have powers under Military Law. But to be fair, this game gives RMP more powers than they have irl (such as dealing with trespassing civs, for example), so I don’t think it’s really a stretch to issue clamps for use in specific cases. Especially given that we don’t actually have MOD Police in-game.

Why don’t we just merge Rmp with Met co’s atp why don’t we let Rmp patrol I mean your job is to police rg and defend bp not clamp cars. The power creep of Rmp is already ridiculous with the body armour and the ability to arrest civs on non bp ground and the ability to fine now is ridiculous aswell as the forced changes to Rg who used to be able to open palace doors and drive cars.

I think RMP should also receive stingers, helicopters, shields, snipers and potentially even the artillery that was recently shown in the serious server!

I, former Lieutenant Colonel of the Royal Military Police, stand baffled that this was not accepted as part of our initial request due to the pivotal role the clamps would hold in the execution of our duties. The comment of “RMP aren’t police” holds no argument in this matter as we still have to handle illegal parking within MoD grounds, and police is literally in the name. The developers simply cannot continue entertaining this content gap between RG divisions and MPS divisions, namely MO19.

On top of this, it would be useful for RMP to have numberplate lookup on their phones.
This would save them having to ask MPS to do it for them in radio.

I hope not you guys have enough already why do you need clamps for when most of the time you are camping BP.

I say NO.

I have concerns that RMP want clamps to clamp “CP vehicles” rather than civilian vehicles.

1 Like

I think that we have forgotten that RMP is for a royal regiment.